DIVX, MP4 and AVIX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old January 18th, 2008, 09:43 PM   #1
Major Player

DIVX, MP4 and AVIX

I am wondering if Sorenson Squeeze 4.5 MP4 option is the same file as produced for DivX? And what is AVIX then?

Namely, if I want to produce a AVIX (or DIVX) playable file, must I get the DIVX encoder then? Any other software available to do that?

My source will be 720p HD coming from Panasonic HVX202 (DVCPRO HD) -> Canopus EDIUS -> Canopus HQ codec.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 07:27 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Not sure what AVIX is, but I can tell you about DIVX. You either need the DIVX encoder (I think they call it Doctor DIVX), or the codec at the minimum. Some compression software will do the actual compression as long as the codec is installed. No other software will do it unless specifically designed to do that or having the codec installed. In other words, no codec = no encoding.
Old January 22nd, 2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Okay - thanks. Will get Doctor DIVX then. It is cheap software anyway.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions