how long does it take to render hd - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old April 29th, 2008, 05:28 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Gaskin View Post
Here is part of his post:
"I am rendering using compressor and the setting for putting up to 60 min of HD 1080i video on a standard DVD 5. This encodes to mpeg 1 with pcm stereo".
Ah, I see that now in Greg's post. I'm guessing that's a typo because I haven't heard of any HD encoding option which uses MPEG1 - maybe he meant MPEG2? If so that's unusually slow MPEG2 encoding so something doesn't add up - sounds more like H.264 encoding to me.

Both Adam and Greg are working on Macs and looking for faster HD output options, for which I don't see evidence that Matrox has the best answer. Better to simply find more efficient encoding settings than blow $1000+ on a Matrox card and find out it doesn't solve the original problem. I can make a Blu-ray disc in half a day without a hardware acceleration card on an inexpensive PC, so hardware cards aren't necessary here.

Last edited by Kevin Shaw; April 29th, 2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: typo
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #17
Regular Crew

For my setup:Vista 64Bit Ultimate, Q6600 2.4 (No overclocking), 4Gig DDR2, 8800GTX, Using Pinnacle 11 Ultimate, 1 Hour Movie Edited and rendered in AVCHD format burned to a DVD for PS3 Bluray playback...3 1/2 Hours tops....
David Wayne Groves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions