Apple ProRes 422, Green Screen, dVmatte and rendering times at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old March 9th, 2008, 08:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Apple ProRes 422, Green Screen, dVmatte and rendering times

Hey everyone...

I wanted to give an overview of my current work flow to make sure I am not doing something dumb or redundant.

I record with a Canon HV20 (PF24)... I capture in Final Cut Pro, do a reverse telecine on the footage in compressor (converting it to apple prores 422).

I then Lay my the footage in the timeline (in FCP - no rendering required), I then send it to motion, add my dVmatte filter for the keying, play with levels and then head back to final cut.

I do my edits and add whatever else I need... and then I wait... I am currently rendering 50mins of footage that states will take ~3hrs...

I do have a BRAND NEW mac pro (2.8 octo) with 8GB of ram and an 8800 card.

What I am wondering, is there anything in my process that could be changed to eliminate or help with rendering in the timeline.

What stinks is once I render in the timeline, I export and run the footage through compressor, which takes almost as long.

I'm just wondering if I am being a bone head and don't even know it.

Thanks for the time,

SA
Scott Aubuchon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions