How to scale down video without pixelation? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old March 29th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #1
Tourist

How to scale down video without pixelation?

I have video HD 960x720. I want to scale it down about 75% so I can fit it over footage of a TV set. When I do that it gets pixleated. any suggestions? Im using FCP studio 2.
Mike Eshaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Eshaq View Post
I have video HD 960x720. I want to scale it down about 75% so I can fit it over footage of a TV set. When I do that it gets pixleated. any suggestions? Im using FCP studio 2.
Are you viewing on an external monitor? Chances are your stuff will look just fine when rendered. Don't trust the FCP canvas, especially if you're working in an Unlimited RT timeline. Force a render and see if the situation improves...
Denis Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 04:27 PM   #3
Major Player

Although you might be rendering down to the correct size and aspect ratio make note of the codec too.
James Brill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2008, 09:39 AM   #4
Major Player

Do you get a green render bar on top when you do this effect? When it is green you can play real time but quality is low unless you render. Unlike the red bar where you can't play back, but at least quality is high when looking at a frame.
I hate that green render bar, seeing such low quality doesn't help me.
Aric Mannion is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions