Favorite PC-based Editing Software? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 08:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Favorite PC-based Editing Software?

So for those of us who do not have a Mac, which is your favorite NLE application? Adobe Premier, Sony Vegas, Avid, etc. etc. ???

My personal favorite as of now is Sony Vegas, seems simple enough and great results.
Billy Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:08 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Griffin View Post
So for those of us who do not have a Mac, which is your favorite NLE application? Adobe Premier, Sony Vegas, Avid, etc. etc. ???

My personal favorite as of now is Sony Vegas, seems simple enough and great results.
Adobe Premiere! It's been the best experience I've ever had on all the NLE's I've been able to get my hands on. Plus it was the first NLE i ever learned on, so there's also the habit of it, but PPro is definitely one of the best. :)
Emrys Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:29 AM   #3
Major Player

vegas, but I haven't used any of the other nice NLEs to compare it to.. but I do like Vegas.. so far there always seems to be a way to do what I want with it.
Erik Phairas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 12:42 AM   #4
Trustee

EDIUS.
I shifted after 10 years of using premiere. Adobe made premier so hardware heavy after pre 1.5. EDIUS is fast and stable with HD. This assuming that you do your compositing on a compositing app like AE and not on your NLE.

Converted all 5 workstations in our facility from premiere to edius.
Their cards are stable too. # of our systems use 3 different cards from them, 2 reun software only. Still fast and stable.
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 05:31 AM   #5

Vegas is slick, but flawed.
Avid is not user friendly, but, loaded with great features and performance. Add on plugins are essential for more transitions and FX.
Edius is simple, fast, and has smooth playback. Edius is very low on features, compared to Avid and Vegas.

If you intend to go to film, or deal with any commercial film house, AVID is the only way to go. It is my personal choice.

Last edited by Bill Ravens; October 24th, 2008 at 09:09 AM.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 08:42 AM   #6
Major Player

ADOBE PREMIERE ON STEROIDS - CINEFORM

Adobe Premiere supercharged with Prospect 4K became the best software investment that i have made in the past 19 years.

The render engine that Cineform provides for Premiere plus the frame independent enviro that free up your hardware resources is an absolute winner.

You can feed Cineform any format - no problemo !
Herman Van Deventer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #7
Trustee

This is a typical question that deserves only ONE answer:

The Editor I'm using is the best, otherwise I wouldn't use it.

Whatever the Editor is, is left to your imagination.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions