Editing question - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old September 13th, 2003, 08:29 PM   #46
Trustee

I agree that JVC probably wasted cash on the XLR's, but I can understand their reasoning. XLR has become standard with anything in the pro catagory, so they are sort of forced by the market to include it. I wish they had upped the price $200 and made it a solid solution though.
ken
Old September 13th, 2003, 09:25 PM   #47
Major Player

It was more about having XLR to differenciate the proSUMER from the consumer, try to make it more attractive. Of course they did waste money and should have invested in a solution to control the iris and shutter instead of that. It is always about catching the fish, a lure is a lure. XLR now seems to be a PRO attribute as Ken said, personnally I don't take my sound in camera most of the time, I do not have sufficient control so I don't care much about XLR, balanced or not on the camera.
http://www.fictis.net
info@fictis.net
Eric Bilodeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2003, 09:39 PM   #48
HDV Cinema

<<<-- Originally posted by Eric Bilodeau : I do not have sufficient control so I don't care much about XLR, balanced or not on the camera. -->>>

And why would you want to control audio during capture? :)
Old September 13th, 2003, 09:46 PM   #49
Major Player

I do not do much documentary work, mostly fiction, so sound has to be carefully monitored, I usually work with another person doing the sound, and of course it would be a pain to have him hooked up to the camera, following me all the time, that's all...
http://www.fictis.net
info@fictis.net
Eric Bilodeau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions