Any Pinnicale 12 users here? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old March 22nd, 2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Major Player

Any Pinnicale 12 users here?

Does any one here use Pinnicale 12? I am looking for an esy to use editing system to edit my HD footage. Pinnical seems easy to use and it has the storyboard option which really makes thing a lot easier. I downloaed a teail veersion of Sony Vegas, but I foud that it was not esy to work with. Any thoughts?
Kevin Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #2
New Boot

well
here i am :) am using pinnacle since studio 7 lol
its too easy software ! and gave u extreme quality, but i realized that its slow in HD exporting ! ? but its to easy to edit and make easy stuff and montage themes ! that its really complicated if u try to make it on vegas or premier ! so in my opinion go for it.... one more thing that it rendering your work while you are editing !
Eid Adawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 01:42 AM   #3
New Boot

The real only major problem I have found with Pinnacle and I suppose with any video software is make sure your system can handle it. Ive ended up haveing to transfer all my data to an external drive and keep my softwares loaded on my pc to a minimum. You get to much stuff on your pc and you'll have a headache because it wont do what you want it to do and it does it a lot slower. But for the price, you can have lots of fun with pinnacle and its different effects and such. Good Luck!
Ryan Borrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2009, 09:50 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I have Pinnacle 12, I have Vegas Pro 8, I have Premeire Pro 2.0. and know all of them, having used all of them or their predecessors to as primary editors in the past. My only advice is that if you are serious about raising your level to professional levels, you need to tackle the challenge of learning one of the more complex editing systems. Pinnacle gives you fairly basic editing capabilities. If you want to add something on, they parcel it out in neat little expensive packages, and in the end, it can cost you more than Vegas Pro. I am in the Vegas camp now, because, from stand point of pure editing, it has become easier than Premiere to use. And Adobe puts a lot more expense into upgrading than Vegas. Of course none of these may be the editors of choice in the employment world, so you have to take that into consideration. In that realm, you hear a lot of Avid and Final Cut being brought up.
Old March 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #5
New Boot

pinnacle user

hey I have used studio for long time and has been really for me, studio 12 has become more than A consumer program to a professional entry level software with lots of options and effects, what I like about this program is that is so easy to find your effecs, transitions, titles, etc,etc, and for the price you can go wrong I do also use vegas pro 8 but if you have never used a professional program it will be to hard on you I recomend to start with a more user friendly editing software as you get more familiar with the terms of the software it will be alot easier to learn this more complex programs ( vegas, premier,final cut) later good luck!!!!!
Juan Hernandez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions