Terrible Flaw in ImageMixerDVD bundled with JVC HD-GR1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old December 3rd, 2003, 01:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Terrible Flaw in ImageMixerDVD bundled with JVC HD-GR1

This is the email I sent to the folks at Pixela about a flaw in ImageMixerDVD. Others should be aware of the problem before loosing the contents of a drive. Luckily, I only had about 160GB of video deleted, all recoverable from the original tapes.

----------------------------------------------------

I had a very bad experience when using ImageMixerDVD that you should be aware of and probably fix.

ImageMixerDVD deleted all the files on my hard drive. Twice. At first I thought it was a virus but when it happended the second time I realized it was a flaw in ImageMixerDVD.

I had set the temporary directory, using the browse button, to d:\video\temp and completed a couple of DVD burns.

At some time I deleted the d:\video\temp directory, leaving only d:\video.

The next time I ran ImageMixerDVD to create a DVD, everything on the d: drive was deleted.

I think the program does not check that the directory exists each time and then issues delete commands expecting the directory to be valid. When the directory is not there, the delete command is performed on the root directory, deleting everything on the drive, including sub-directories.

It is reproducable and I believe easily corrected in the programing of the software. I would be interested in getting an update to the software that fixes this problem.
John Hatchett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions