DiVA problem... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old December 23rd, 2003, 08:01 PM   #1
MPS Digital Studios

DiVA problem...

I tried importing in a DVHSCap captured HDV clip of my short film into DiVA, then compressing/changing it to Pixlet, then DiVA crashes when I try to execute the procedure.

I tried again with the third program in Paul Mogg's solution (can't remember the name right now) and had no problems. haven't tried to edit it yet, but when I used DiVA and went 720x480, Final Cut Pro 4.1.1 wasn't putting it to 16x9, instead keeping it stretched out. How do I fix that?

heath
Old December 24th, 2003, 07:58 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: DiVA problem...

<<<-- Originally posted by Heath McKnight : I tried importing in a DVHSCap captured HDV clip of my short film into DiVA, then compressing/changing it to Pixlet, then DiVA crashes when I try to execute the procedure. -->>>

I have not had crashes while running DiVA. However, I always get a crash when viewing a DiVA produced QT.mov output file and try to change viewing size. My G5 has 1 GB of RAM and 500 GB of disc storage.

<<<-- when I used DiVA and went 720x480, Final Cut Pro 4.1.1 wasn't putting it to 16x9, instead keeping it stretched out. How do I fix that? -->>>

Check the clips and sequences in your FCP Browser. Entries for 16x9 1280x720 should have Square Pixel Aspect with Anamorphic NOT checked. Entries for 16x9 720x480 should have Non-Square Pixel Aspect with Anamorphic checked.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions