EyeTV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old January 6th, 2004, 08:16 PM   #1
New Boot

EyeTV

Elgato has a new product EyeTV 400 it records digital broadcasts, but it comes with software to edit out commercials. this is in the FAQ:

Q: How does EyeTV handle the MPEG-2 streams it receives?

A: The MPEG-2 data the EyeTV hardware receives is not decoded or otherwise modified in any way. It is passed on to the computer directly. All PIDs belonging to the program in question are saved.

Q: Can EyeTV export to other video formats such as QuickTime or AVI?

A: EyeTV currently supports export to MPEG-2 program streams or MPEG-1 system streams. There is no de/encoding involved. The transport stream is de-multiplexed and re-multiplexed into a program stream, but the MPEG data is not modified.

My question is, could this be used to take the file generate by the HD-10 and Virtual DVHS and convert it into a file FCP could understand?

_
Thomas Ferlauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2004, 03:39 PM   #2
MPS Digital Studios

Anyone have an answer?

heath
Old January 13th, 2004, 05:24 PM   #3
New Boot

I tried to contact Elgato to find out if their poducts can handle HD footage, because their website was not clear. They never got back to me. They recently updated their website stating that EyeTv 400 was not available in the US. Although their products boasts the ability to output 720p and 1080i, I suspect the input is limited to SD. I would love to be wrong, but I smell a non-HD rat.
Thomas Ferlauto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions