Audio rendering issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old August 15th, 2009, 03:30 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Audio rendering issue

I have a short movie that when rendered out in both Ppro cs3 or After Effects Cs3 the audio lags behind fractions of a second compared to when played in the program. This is important because there are things happening on a beat and when rendered out it becomes a fraction of a second off beat. Are there some kind of settings I am missing. what is "Interleave" ?
I see this in only some of the export settings.
Howard Churgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 06:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

What is the source file type?
Does it remain a consistent amount out of sync or get progressively worse?
What rate was the original audio recorded in; 32, 41, 48 Khtz?
David Merrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Churgin View Post
I have a short movie that when rendered out in both Ppro cs3 or After Effects Cs3 the audio lags behind fractions of a second compared to when played in the program. This is important because there are things happening on a beat and when rendered out it becomes a fraction of a second off beat. Are there some kind of settings I am missing. what is "Interleave" ?
I haven't used your programs but have seen the fault in Elements 7 on 2 different computers using DVD mpeg2 PAL. in the end the program was ditched and they now use Corel ProX2 with no problems, when I used Premiere 4.2 and later 6.1 I always set the interleave to 1 frame, if I left it at the default it caused a lock up of the video after about 5 mins, with the interleave set so each frame of video had it's own piece of audio integrated into it I never had any further problems. I also switched of audio re-compression, don't know if any of these options are available to you but might be worth checking.
Bryan Sellars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 02:21 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Churgin View Post
PAL country, right?

So define 'fractions of a second'. Is that 1 frame? How did you establish the lagging? On a set top box with a HTC connected? Is the delay properly adjusted?

Interleave has nothing to to with this, it is about the video part and how each field is composed.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 06:17 AM   #5
Regular Crew

NTSC...
They delay is about 1-2 frames. It sounds small but it is the difference of the horses feet hitting the ground over a jump on the beat.

If I render out of Ppro with QT animation and play it in after effects all is good. If I render out of PPro to another QT compression (ie photo jpeg, H. 264) it happens. Same thing when I export out of After effects.
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #6
Trustee

Howard,

If you are on a MAC, I have not suggestion, but if you are on a PC, use another codec than QT. QuickTime has been known to cause all kinds of problems on PC's and therefore is usually called QuiRckTime.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:32 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I am on PC. Can you recommend a codec that is lossless but not as big as uncompressed DV?

For intial playback on computer to test out effects and final renders I have always used QT Photjpeg w/ no problems but this is the first time I have such critical cuts to the music. I did try DV .avi last night and it was fine however the file size was more than twice that of QT photo jpeg with very little quality difference.
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #8
Trustee

I would try Lagarith or HuffYuv. Both are visually lossless, but not as hungry for disk space as uncompressed.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions