FCP HD to support native HDV (FX1) ....new article. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old September 19th, 2004, 06:10 PM   #1
Trustee

FCP HD to support native HDV (FX1) ....new article.

FYI, I don't think anyone has posted this yet. We might get a FCP update sooner rather than later to accompany the FX1 - I hope anyway! It says, " native video streams" - which leads me to think that my other post the other day about "packetized elementary streams" means something important! If we can edit "native" streams in FCP - I will personally kiss Apple's and Sony's butt for the next 3 years.

Read the full article:

"According to tipsters, tucked away in a corner of Sony's booth at IBC was an Apple-staffed exhibit running a beta version of Final Cut Pro HD. The software could be seen operating on native video streams from Sony's upcoming HDR-FX1 camcorder, which records 1080/60i high-definition video, as defined by the HDV specification."

http://appleinsider.com/article.php?id=654

Murph
Old September 19th, 2004, 07:44 PM   #2
Warden

Over the years Sony and Apple have had a very good business relationship. When Apple was in serious trouble, right before Steve Jobs came back, Sony was rumored to be very interested in acquiring Apple. It doesn't surprise me in the least to see Sony and Apple cooperating so closely. Unlike JVC and Apple, who have always seemed to be at odds or at least arms length.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2004, 09:06 PM   #3
Wrangler

<<<-- Originally posted by Jeff Donald : Over the years Sony and Apple have had a very good business relationship. -->>>

...which is why Sony recently introduced an iPod Killer?... ;-)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/05...ny_vaio_pocket
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2004, 09:12 PM   #4
Warden

I haven't read a single review yet, where the reviewer preferred the Sony to the iPod. In fact this may be another one of Sony's duds. It is getting slammed big time for only playing songs encoded in Sony's proprietary ATRAC 3 format. That's right, it can't play an MP3.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions