Helpp!! New to HDV at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old September 27th, 2004, 12:32 PM   #1
New Boot

Helpp!! New to HDV

First off I just want to say how much reading your posts here have helped me with my video projects. You guys have been lifesavers on numerous questions. The advice I have gotten here has been invaluable to me. Now it seems that I am a victim of perhaps too much information.
I want to edit my footage from my HD-1 on as close to realtime as I can get. I currently have a 2.8 pentium-4 with a 750 megs of ram, and a 120 gig hard drive.I have downloaded tons of encoders, decoders, editing software, from Womble, tmpgenc3.0 express,wm9, a demo of aspect hd and the list goes on. I guess what i want to know is what is the best method to use for compressing my hd footage. I am still having some trouble with programs such as tmpgenc 3.0 recognizing my .M2t files. I have the editing software that came with the camera but I can't even add an audio bed beneath my video with that program.
I understand that Aspect HD is supposed to works great, but I only have that for a limited period of time, and I can't even get Adobe Premiere to recognize my >m2t files. I am pretty sure I have what I need, but I am not quite sure what the best way is to go about what I want to do.

Help I am drowning in codecs!
George Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2004, 02:39 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Aspect HD doesn't try to make m2t files compatibile with Premiere and for good a reason (it is very slow to edit HD MPEG.) The CineForm approach converts the hard to use M2Ts into a faster and more convient AVIs during the capture process (on a modern PC this operation at the same time as capture -- i.e. zero conversion time.) If you already have M2T files captured with other tools, you can convert these to AVIs using the HDLink application that ships with Aspect HD (the second tab get to the conversion panel.)

Hope this helps.
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:57 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I use ConnectHD and life is MUCH better than it was before it with Vegas anyways.

I was really worried about what I felt was steep pricing but since I have done 4 projects since at the same speed as I would with normal DV, it was worth every penny, as long as patches keep coming to upgrade it and keep it smooth as possible

The one or two things I would like to see though are a preview window as well as being able to size my window maybe I can do these 2 things now and have not dug deep enough
Mark Paschke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions