ASpect HD! Is it the best choice? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old October 27th, 2004, 06:50 PM   #1
Major Player

ASpect HD! Is it the best choice?

I'm moving to shooting HD stuff, i already have premiere 1.5, is aspect HD the best choice? I havent found anyone reviewing it yet from this site....
thanx for the help

Sat
Saturnin Kondratiew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2004, 07:52 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: ASpect HD! Is it the best choice?

<<<-- Originally posted by Saturnin Kondratiew : I'm moving to shooting HD stuff, i already have premiere 1.5, is aspect HD the best choice? I havent found anyone reviewing it yet from this site....
thanx for the help

Sat -->>>

Really? I'm sure if you look a bit deeper...... the JVC HD10 forum has some Aspect HD impressions by users, if my memory serves me well....

The impression I get from the posts I've seen are very positive indeed. Just be aware that the workflow involves files of massive size, so plenty of hard disk space is worth investing in. A 120Gig hard drive disappears real quick when editing HD!!!!

BTW, I use Vegas in preference to Premiere Pro, but that's because I found more native HD support in Vegas. Aspect HD should put that, and more into Premiere Pro for you.
Steve Crisdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2004, 11:49 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Aspect HD requires significantly more hard drive space than DV editing, but it's not really so bad compared to the size of today's hard drives. If you figure Aspect HD files use about 10MB/sec, that's 36 GB/hour, or over six hours on a single 250 GB hard drive.

As far as I can tell Aspect HD is arguably the best currently available solution for editing HDV material, but it's important to draw your own conclusions about that based on your own needs and research.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions