See the Sony HVR-M10e in action! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old March 6th, 2005, 07:01 AM   #16
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Graeme Nattress : Component in is only Standard Def. Also the deck doesn't take big DVCAM tape - what were Sony thinking?? -->>>

Graeme,

about component - in case of M10 - component is definitelly HDV and SD depending what you are sending thru component (downconverted or not).

filip
Old March 6th, 2005, 07:08 AM   #17
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Graeme Nattress : ... and with still no Firewire to SDI converter on the market, it cannot slot directly into existing HD workflows. -->>>

Graeme,
one more thought:

if you are talking about Standard Definition solutions firewire-SDI, you can find a lot of it of course, but i understand that you are talking about hdv firewire to HD SDI converter? correct?

in my opinion, for now - the best solution is to go thru component out (HD) and use decklink multibridge as far more cheaper solution than analog HD -->HDSDI converter standalone.
[decklink approx 2000$ comparing to approx 2800$ just for analog HD-->HDSDI small (but good) converter.]

filip
Old March 6th, 2005, 08:43 AM   #18
Regular Crew

about component - in case of M10 - component is definitelly HDV and SD depending what you are sending thru component (downconverted or not).
filip -->>>

Filip,
It sounds as if you are thinking of the Component Outputs. We were discussing the INPUTS at this point. The M10 does have Component Inputs (according to Sony's website info).
Sean M Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 09:34 AM   #19
RED Problem Solver

Going component on a high def digital video is just plain daft in workflow terms. At NAB 2004 Sony said there would be a Firewire to HD SDI converter from Miranda. Where is it?? It's practically vital in workflow terms. It's also meant to do deck control, isn't it? Or is that another converter that Sony were talking about. I loose track.

Graene
Graeme Nattress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 10:55 AM   #20
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Sean M Lee : ... We were discussing the INPUTS at this point. The M10 does have Component Inputs (according to Sony's website info). -->>>

well,

i cannot see this. the unit is just in front of me and i can't find it. NO COMPONENT INPUTS.

if you need a picture of the back side of my M10 - i can send it to someone who can publish it. (or maybe i should send it to chris?)

i didn't checked INSIDE the M10... but who knows.
if you need it - i WILL check this also.

filip
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Filip sent me the pic...so much for believing the online specs from Sony!

HDV Ins/Outs
Sean M Lee is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions