imovie HD and Tiger rocks! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old May 1st, 2005, 02:46 AM   #1
Regular Crew

imovie HD and Tiger rocks!

Just thought I'd post this, after hearing some of the new issues that folks are having with tiger, QT7, pro apps, ect.
Well, lets see; I just picked up Tiger after lunch....... now it's 3:30AM. I tried imovie HD with some HDV footage from my Z1, exported to idvd; no problems. Burned it with a nice menu. Then played it on my Avel link to my
65 inch HDTV. The picture is simply spectacular! (5 min of footage)
I had been using my PC, as I was anxiously awaiting for a workable solution from apple. I was doing PC export as HD WMV, or Divx,> Avel, and I'll add,this method was doing a pretty good job of it- roughly 80% as good as the cam to TV. Compared to the apple, the idvd footage looks so much better! Ofcoarse, this is just with my eyes. I still need to do more testing, but it's getting late. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Bring on fcp 5!
Lou Squitieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2005, 08:16 AM   #2
Regular Crew

That's good news

... I have had a question about iMovie HD and iDVD5 that I can't find an answer for, maybe you could help. If I edit everything in HDV and burn to a DVD with iDVD, it can be played on a regular DVD player right? Is the quality still better than if I had used a pure SD workflow and is it a noticeable quality difference? Thanks.

BTW...when do you guys expect Apple to produce a Blu-Ray burning iDVD?
Roger Mason is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions