Burning bluray - stranscoding takes forever - which format in Quicktime? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old January 5th, 2010, 02:19 AM   #1
Major Player

Burning bluray - stranscoding takes forever - which format in Quicktime?

I'm trying to burn a bluray disk in a burner connected to a Mac Pro. The HD movie is edited in FCP, and exported to Quicktime, using Prores422 1920x1080, 25p. The Quicktime movie looks allright, but it takes Roxio Toast 10 five hours to transcode the QT to something the burner can burn. Should I make my QT movie in a different format, other than Prores422 to gain speed in transcoding to Bluray? Which format would be best suited?
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:05 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I'm going down this path now as well. I would suggest file / export out of final cut pro using quicktime conversion. i believe that's what it's called. anyway, that will export to an H.264 file, for use in blu ray. that should work, but not sure to what extent it will take toast to convert, if it converts at all? H.264 is what to use for blu ray. let me know since i should be trying to do this myself this weekend. i am looking at other alternatives to toast. i am also going to try burning to blu ray right from fcp timeline via the share option.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions