FCPro6.06 - Rendering Issue for Modify Speed Function at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old January 17th, 2010, 10:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

FCPro6.06 - Rendering Issue for Modify Speed Function

Greetings,

Looking for assistance on a project. I have about 7 hours of mpeg2/SonyEX3 footage that I am trying to modify speed of - by dropping several clips to timeline - speeding up each clip from 1500% to 8000% to show quicker action - then trying to render out as QT file and Flash video file for internet. Goal is to have a 30 minute clip.

Playback on timeline before render seems to be working (video has to "catch up" some) - but when trying to render as QT file or Flash video file - the rainbow progression wheel/render function justs spins, and spins, and spins - and I finally have to hard close the FC Pro software - and render never finalizes/takes place. I mean like I let it run for 45 minutes to an hour - and nothing seems to be happening - like something is hung up or software can't handle it, etc. ? Do I have to wait longer for render due to amount of speed modifying of clips ? The render progression window/bar never appears either.

I have a MacPro dual core 3gb - 10 gigs ram - original 1900XT graphics card. Anybody got an ideas on better workflow, what am I doing wrong, is my system up to the task, etc. ? Appreciate any help !

Last edited by Russ Gutshall; January 17th, 2010 at 10:23 AM. Reason: additional info submitted
Russ Gutshall is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions