PremierePro v1.5.1 HDV Monitoring at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old August 14th, 2005, 07:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

PremierePro v1.5.1 HDV Monitoring

Hi all,

Been trying to look for anwser to my question which is how can I monitor HDV from premiere pro 1.5.1? I have a Ati X300 running 2 x 19" LCD and I have a Philips LCD TV which I want to use to monitor my timeline. How do I got about doing this without spending $700.00 on a PCI-e card with HDTV output.
Sean Livingstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 06:09 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Livingstone
Hi all,

Been trying to look for anwser to my question which is how can I monitor HDV from premiere pro 1.5.1? I have a Ati X300 running 2 x 19" LCD and I have a Philips LCD TV which I want to use to monitor my timeline. How do I got about doing this without spending $700.00 on a PCI-e card with HDTV output.

Well, first a display card that could do this wouldn't cost 700.00...more like 350.oo for a Matrox Parhelia APVe (3 head-2 desktop + video monitor) or about 275.00 for an nVidia FX540 (2 head-1 desktop and one video monitor).

Depending on what the inputs are on your TV (DVI or VGA would be necessary, provided that ATI card has either type of output), You could give up a desktop monitor and use one output to feed the video overlay to your television (or one of the 19" desktop monitors...).

The only question I would have with ATI is how is it going to show overlay? My laptop has a 9700 in it and I have to clone the desktop and i only get overlay full screen when I hit the space bar to playback...otherwise the "video" monitor only shows the desktop. ....not terribly handy for color correction or scrubbing.
Tim Kolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 04:30 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I was looking at the Matrox Parhelia APVe, but they are $653.00AUD and thought about loosing one of the 19" but dual monitors with Premiere is just so handy.

My TV has VGA, DVI and Component INPUTS.

The weired thing is if I connect one 19" and the LCD TV to the X300 I carn't get it to monitor the timeline, just wont work.
Sean Livingstone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions