nvidia Quadro K5000 Drivers for Apple's Mavericks? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old November 21st, 2013, 08:36 PM   #1
Major Player

nvidia Quadro K5000 Drivers for Apple's Mavericks?

Hello -

For good or for bad, I upgraded my Early 2009 MacPro to Mavericks which has NVidia's Quadro K5000 video card installed. Actually, it seems that I am not experiencing any issues so far. I do both audio and video editing (as a serious hobbyist) and everything seems to be working fine. This includes working with programs like Final Cut Pro X, Adobe's Creative Cloud CC (Premiere CC, After Effects CC, etc.) and Logic Pro 9.18. However, I am anxious to install the driver provided by Nvidia as I always do when I update the operating system. I can't find any mention on the Nvidia web-site to any progress they may (or may not) be making to creating a driver for Apple's Mavericks. They usually seem to be quite good in keeping up to date with their drivers, at least for the Quadro K5000 video card. I'm also not able to find too much information on the internet as to whether or not other people are experiening significant issues between their Mac Pro with the K5000 video card and the Mavericks operating system. Does anyone here have any news to the progress Nvidia may be making to creating a new driver for the K5000 video card to work with Mavericks? Are they even going to create a new driver? (It's a relatively new card so I would hope and think that Nvidia will be supporting it at least for a while.) What issues might others be experiencing between their K5000 card and Mavericks?

Thank you for any information that is provided.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions