Formatting External for both OSX and Windows at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old January 17th, 2014, 05:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Formatting External for both OSX and Windows

Heya Folks,

Thanks for the fine editors here I have just received and setup my new Mac Mini. i7/2.6/16GB's of RAM and an SSD drive using Bootcamp for OSX and Windows 7 with another internal 1TB drive for data.

I just purchased a 2TB/USB3 external drive and have it formatted as exFat so that both operating systems can see it. My question is this. Is this the way you would work in both environments and does the file sytem make a difference when it comes to speed a performance while editing? Is it faster to work on a drive formatted using Mac OS Extended?

Thanks a million..

Scott
Scott Thibodeau is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions