Is anyone capturing 720p/24p using "Adobe Premier Pro" & "Main Concepts" plug-in? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old October 15th, 2005, 03:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Is anyone capturing 720p/24p using "Adobe Premier Pro" & "Main Concepts" plug-in?

I've heard that Adobe Premier Pro w/ coupled with "Main Concepts" plug-in captures native 720p/24p off the HD-100. Can anyone substantiate this claim, and if so, where does one obtain the "Main Concepts" plug-in?

Taylor Wigton
DP, Los Angeles
Taylor Wigton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2005, 02:58 PM   #2
Major Player

Mainconcept

I'm not sure about the newest version of the plugin, but I know that on previous versions that I've used, which is 1.4 I believe, capturing was not capable through premiere pro. The workflow for editing in premiere pro that I used was capturing through the JVC capture program, and importing into the timeline in premiere pro. Mainconcept handles the stream decently, but uses the raw m2t's. It offers no acceleration. Somewhat plays decently, but after a few moments of playing begins to lag. The render options are quite nice though. The MPEG exports are quite clean. The tryout is free, and only leaves a small watermark on the top left. Give it a whirl.

2 cents given.
Carlos Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2005, 11:50 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Wigton
I've heard that Adobe Premier Pro w/ coupled with "Main Concepts" plug-in captures native 720p/24p off the HD-100. Can anyone substantiate this claim, and if so, where does one obtain the "Main Concepts" plug-in?

Taylor Wigton
DP, Los Angeles
Good question.
Tom Lowe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions