HDV 1080i60 Problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old January 6th, 2006, 10:51 AM   #1
Tourist

HDV 1080i60 Problems

O.K. Im new to the site and Ive spent the last couple days reading through the archives for a solution and no workflow seems to work.
I recently shot a music video using the sony HVR-Z1U in HDV 1080i 60 mode, I got stuck with this camera without the luxury of prior research and the director of photography new as little as myself.
So I capture the footage using a macintosh G5 running FCP-HD save the capture scratch to my hard drive and bring the files home to edit on a PC. This is where the problems begin, the quicktime capture files wouldnt play so I changed the file extensions to .mpg, they now play and seem to be in full resolution, but all my attempts to de-interlace fail. They either result in stroby movement or each frame holds for a duration of approx. 5 frames. Ive tried Magic bullet, DV filmmaker, Cineform Aspect HD, I've even tried rendering a deinterlaced TGA sequence and configure the duration of each individual frame, no luck.
Now I dont know if putting the .mpg file extension is the root of the problem but I do know that they are indeed mpegs but not mpeg transport streams. When I run the native capture files (before file extension assignment) through the K-Lite Codec Packs 'G Spot Codec Information' program this is what I get:

MainConcept MPEG Splitter-Ligos MPEG Video Decoder-Overlay Mixer2-Video Renderer- and it says the codecs are loaded.

So Idont know if anyone has dealt with or knows how to deal with this but Im out of options, Hope you guys can help.
-Gene
Gene Ewing is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions