Z1 workflow (shooting 50i) for 24p ntsc at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old January 21st, 2006, 10:40 AM   #1
Major Player

Z1 workflow (shooting 50i) for 24p ntsc

Hello
I live in a ntsc country (Brasil) and I´ve been searching for a camera to buy for general work, but it should produce nice pictures / sound and easy workflow for filmout - I use Vegas 5 (may upgrade to 6). It would be important the camera to be 24p and native 16X9.
I´ve been considering XL2 and HVX 200. But now I started thinking in Z1 because some purchase and maintenance facilities, and less noisy signal, despite it doesn´t have progressive CCDs. How you compare these options?
With Z1, what should be the best way of shooting (50i?) and easiest editing workflow for a NTSC 24p final product?
Thank you for your attention.
Ron
Ron German is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 11:42 AM   #2
MPS Digital Studios

You can always de-interlace and slow it down by 4% on your NLE timeline. Make sure you de-interlace first.

heath
Old January 21st, 2006, 12:24 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Mike crash has a good deinterlace filter.

see http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/archive/i...p/t-52097.html for settings that work well for me.

You would need to watch out for the resampling settings on the way in. The audio will need to be pitch shifted too... I forget which version of vegas improved those algorithms.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 02:44 PM   #4
Major Player

Ron,
I am in a similar situation - I have been waiting for the HVX for awhile , but I am beginning to feel like it the Res and the noise are big enough issues for me to want to wait and spen 7k.
I may get an FX1 (I have an sLr box for sound) for half thet (3k) to tied me over.

I hate digitizing so what I may want to do is a lot of direct capture - I work with Final cut and may have to mimic the 24 p

- or work with LumierHD
- or Magic Bullet
- or DV filmaker Pro

Have people had experience with these?
What is the difference between them?

Thanks,
J
John Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 02:53 PM   #5
MPS Digital Studios

I like Nattress best, www.nattress.com or just shoot in 50i if you can (Z1 or FX1e), de-interlace and slow down 4% or conform in Cinema Tools (that's a Final Cut Pro app), as described above.

I don't know if Lumiere HD does 24p, though it does support the HD100's 24p footage. Isn't Magic Bullet PC only, or am I wrong?

heath
Old January 21st, 2006, 11:17 PM   #6
Major Player

Is the de-interlace function in Premiere Pro good enough? Or does it leave something to be desired?
John Hewat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 03:58 AM   #7

See this article: http://www.dv.com/news/news_item.jht...leId=174900673

...and you discover some thoughts about de-interlace and related info.

If you aren't dv.com member, you must to register but it's a very quick process and they have great resources! So go ahead!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions