2:35.1 Ratio Cinema Scope problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old March 8th, 2006, 05:44 PM   #1
Major Player

2:35.1 Ratio Cinema Scope problems

I edited my HDV 16:9 ratio in FCP, but I letterboxed it so I get the wide screen aspect of 2:35.1. However, when I tried to burn t onto DVD pro I get a squeezed imaged and not the full 2:35.1. Any suggestions so I get to keep the original intent of an image of 2:35.1?

Thanks guys
Old March 9th, 2006, 05:13 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Your DVD is 4:3 instead of 16:9.
Old March 9th, 2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben De Rydt
Your DVD is 4:3 instead of 16:9.
Can you buy 16:9 Dvds?
Old March 9th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #4
Wrangler

The physical media is the same. But you need to author the disk as anamorphic 16:9. Also: where are you seeing the "squeezed" look? Are you viewing on a widescreen TV or watching on a DVD player connected to a 4:3 DVD. In addition to authoring the anamorphic DVD, the DVD player must be properly configured so it "knows" whether it's connected to a 4:3 or 16:9 screen. You can do this through the DVD player menus.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 04:36 AM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff
The physical media is the same. But you need to author the disk as anamorphic 16:9. Also: where are you seeing the "squeezed" look? Are you viewing on a widescreen TV or watching on a DVD player connected to a 4:3 DVD. In addition to authoring the anamorphic DVD, the DVD player must be properly configured so it "knows" whether it's connected to a 4:3 or 16:9 screen. You can do this through the DVD player menus.
How do I author it as Anamorphic 16:9? I am using DVD Studio Pro, but I didn't see anything. Then again, I just got it. Any suggestions to how to resolve this? I want to burn 16:9 images that is letterboxed as 2:35.1 to fully show on a regular 4:3 TV.
Old March 10th, 2006, 05:36 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Open your DVD project, click on the track, go to the inspector (View -> Show Inspector) and set Display Mode to 16:9 Letterbox. You probably would want to do the same thing with your menus, although you may have to redesign them somewhat.
Old March 10th, 2006, 04:21 PM   #7
Major Player

I did that, but the problem when you play it on a regular TV 4:3 it gets cut off. i need to be able to play 16:9 with the 2:35.1 letterbox image on a regular 4:3 TV without it cutting or squeezing the image.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions