ReflecMedia Mattenee at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old May 17th, 2006, 06:45 PM   #1

ReflecMedia Mattenee

I bought a ReflecMedia screen and tried out their Mattenee software for the keying with my HVX200 footage. I think the screen and the software are both nice products and everything has worked well together so far. I look forward to using Mattenee without the very annoying cow drawings inserted all over the place that they put in the trial software. The drawings which actually almost deterred me from buying the product because it was so hard to see the keyed results through.

I just wanted to let anyone else know who may not have the luxury of time, that once you buy Mattenee you still can't use it instantly, even after you get the disk in the mail. So don't plan on buying it today and using it today (or maybe even tomorrow depending on the specifics of when you send the email). This is the first time I've ever not been able to use purchased software instantly, and why I'm so surprised.

You still have to go through a series of steps with the final one being visiting a link that they put in the User_Guide.pdf to enter in 5 lines of information.

After you visit the link and enter in the required information you then have to wait for them to send you the license key. Their web site stated something to the effect of contact us if you don't get the license key within 24 hours.

Mattenee looks to be a great Final Cut Pro Plug-In program that allows a simple "drag & drop" straight from within your FCP Browser>Effects tab. It also works with Premiere, AE and Shake. I'm looking forward to using it sometime within the next 24 hours I hope. If any of you are using ReflecMedia for GreenScreen work, you ought to try it out.

Here's more info -
http://www.reflecmedia.com/content.a...t=mattenee.htm

- - - -
5/18 7:45 a.m. update - I received a phone call from ReflecMedia and they were very nice about doing everything they could and got the license information emailed to me while we were on the phone.

Last edited by Guest; May 18th, 2006 at 07:05 AM.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions