any way to edit my DVCPRO HD footage on a PC? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old August 15th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hendrix
I suspect that by Q1 of 2007, most if not all bugs will be worked through and the Mac Intel chips will be the best solution out there.
Just to be clear, the Xeon processors used in the new desktop Macs are also available for PCs, so no difference there. For now Apple's pricing for a quad-core computer appears to be quite decent, so if you can run the software you need then the Mac Pro hardware may indeed be worth considering. As far as Final Cut Pro is concerned, it appears to be lagging behind Windows-based programs for both importing MXF files and mixing different types of video footage on one timeline.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #17
Tourist

Codec for DVCPRO HD 720p60 ?

I have the same problem. Have there been any recent developments? A codec I can download perhaps?

I was given some footage in DVCPRO HD 720p60 QuickTime format from
Final Cut Pro that I need to work with in After Effects and possibly Lightwave, but I can't even look at it because I don't have that codec on my PC. I even upgraded to Quicktime 7 Pro in hopes that would include the codec I needed.

Can I convert this to something usable? or do I need to go back to my
client and ask for uncompressed video?

Thanks,
Don
Don Drennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #18
Tourist

A Fix

Hey Don,

I followed a link from an earlier post about the Raymaker program, and it turns out there is a Raylight decoder that does what you need. I had the same issue of DVCPRO HD footage in MOV format that I needed to edit via After Effects on my PC so I downloaded the trial version and it worked! I just bought the full version ($95) - well worth it. Go here to get the decoder:

http://dvfilm.com/raylight/decoder/index.htm

Hope that helps!
Jake Tapia is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions