Which hd card is cheapest: matrox bluefish444 aja blackmagic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old October 15th, 2006, 10:30 PM   #1
Major Player

Which hd card is cheapest: matrox bluefish444 aja blackmagic

Hi guys,

Got a practical question. I was wondering if any of the hd/hdv cards out there is within the $500-$1000 range (from matrox, bluefish444, aja, blackmagic, etc.) I am finally moving away from my canopus sd card and need a good hd sdi card, but one that does not break the bank. I know from my own research that these cards can run thousands of dollars, and I believe the Matrox MXO does not support the windows format (which is what I am using). But before I mortgage the house I thought I might ask if anyone knows of an economical HD hardware solution. Maybe someone simply know of a current deal going on with a vendor, or someone trading up to a better card or platform. Either way I appreciate the input.

Dwight
Dwight Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 11:09 PM   #2
Major Player

Never mind, I'm liking the Matrox RT.X2. Not the least expensive, but good features/cost ratio.

Dwight
Dwight Flynn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions