HDV to DV downconverting: problems with sound at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old October 21st, 2006, 12:18 PM   #1
New Boot

HDV to DV downconverting: problems with sound

Allright, the problem is that sound is about 1% ahead of picture, after converting m2t 1440x1080p file into DV (RawDV or avi DV - same result).

On the original m2t file sound and picture are in perfect sync. I'm using Canopus Procoder 2 for downconverting, no funny settings, just usual DV profile.

Interesting thing - when using AspectHD for converting this m2t file into CineformAVI, completely same problem with audio sync - sound is a bit ahead of picture, and difference is growing while watching the video.

I flipped through forum, there were few topics about same problem, and none of them was really solved. Any idea, why this might happen, would be appreciated.

(and, I suppose, PC configuration has nothing to do with that, because this delay appears while playing back usual DV video, which never before caused any such problems).
Alex Savin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 09:07 PM   #2
Trustee

This is in PAL, right?

Procoder has an option that deliberately changes file length by a percent or so during its PAL-NTSC conversions (to improve convesion quality). I can't see why that would be relevant, really, but I thought I would mention it...
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 03:32 PM   #3
New Boot

Well, thanks, but that is not really about NTSC-PAL conversion, and more about m2t - AVI conversion.

Funny thing - just tried importing m2t file into Adobe Premiere 2.0 - and there is this audio gap as well. What I don't understand is that there is no gap at all when just playing back m2t files, say, on Windows Media player.
Alex Savin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 04:29 PM   #4
Trustee

Yep, I realize that. I use Procoder for m2t-avi conversion in concert with Premiere Pro all the time and never have a problem, so maybe there's an installation issue.
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions