1080 24p---> HDCAM 59.94i for Sundance at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old December 1st, 2006, 09:38 AM   #1
New Boot

1080 24p---> HDCAM 59.94i for Sundance

Hi all.... I have an animated feature film I made thats in the 2007 Sundance film festival... My master copy will be a 1920x1080 24p 10bit Blackmagic Quicktime mov.... Sundance sent me guidelines that they require "Sony HDCAM tape only, formatted to 1080i/59.94i"

I am planning on doing the HDCAM transfer at a post house somewhere here in the Bay Area but something tells me its probably not easy to go from 24p to 59.94i.... Does anybody have any advice? I will be calling the post houses soon I just though I would ask for advice here first... many thanks in advance!!!

Mike
Mike Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:10 PM   #2
Trustee

They will need a cross converter, It shouldn't be too difficult, do you have the 24p in hdcam or is it just a file? Just make sure the dub house is aware of what they'll have to do. (so they don't give you an HD-CAM 23.98 version)
Old December 7th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #3
Wrangler

If they output your Quicktime movie via a Decklink card or Kona2/3, both cards will add pulldown to bring things up to 29.97 interlaced.

In other words, no sweat.
Old December 9th, 2006, 12:35 AM   #4
New Boot

Ok thanks so much for the replies! I can stop worrying now... And yes the film was made from 3d and stopmotion animation so it exists as an uncompressed 10 bit 1920x1080 24fps Blackmagic Quicktime mov... I don't have an array or an uncompressed card so I wont be able to play the full res file at full speed until I see it at the transfer house...(I cut using a half-res P-jpeg compressed version)... Unless I decide to make a 1920x1080 24fps Photo_Jpeg at %75 quicktime... then I can play that on my Macbook Pro...Hmmm...Thanks again guys!
Mike Belmont is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions