HDV to HD-DVD compatible DVD+/-R - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old August 15th, 2007, 04:06 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I have try on using PP CS3 export out using Adobe media encoder. After I bring it into CS3 Encore burn as DVD. Result not bad at all. Im not sure the rest how you all done by burning HDV into DVD-R or +R media...Would like to see more relpy Thanks. Below is my setting:

Adobe Media Encoder

PAL 1440x1080 Quality 4
384kbps 48khz 16 Stereo
VBR 2 PASS [Target 15, Max 18.5mbps]
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #17
Major Player

Tom, here is the "pinned" thread discussing "legal" streams that won't be transcoded by DVDit Pro HD.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/inde...howtopic=21049
Don Blish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:03 PM   #18
Trustee

Thanks Don. I have read that thread previously. I am currently experimenting with TSRemux, in which the workaround is to let DVDit author the folders, but you pass your video file through TSRemux, and then substitute the m2ts file(s) for the ones encoded by DVDit.

All in all though, I'm not impressed with the BD authoring solutions. HDV video is non compliant with BDMV, so it has to get encoded and resized to 1920x1080 somewhere, if not DVDit then your NLE. That's time and quality lost.

TSRemux is promising, its one author is working very hard with updates, and it's free, but it's very beta.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 08:09 AM   #19
New Boot

I'd also like to burn HD DVDs for my 360.

Pinnacle 11 recommends Vista 32-bit. I have 64-bit. Has anybody tried it on a 64-bit machine?

Thanks for any info.
Brian P. White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions