Exporting HD project from FCP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old July 10th, 2007, 02:24 AM   #1
New Boot

Exporting HD project from FCP

I did a search through the forums but couldn't find an answer to my problem, so hopefully someone can help steer me in the right direction.

I shot a commercial in 1080, 24F, 16x9 on the Canon XH-A1. I edited in FCP using HDV 1080p24 as my sequence. Now I need to make 2 exports and I don't know how to approach this without messing up the export or losing a lot of quality(I've played around with some export settings but I'm not getting good results, best one was with the compression set to Photo JPEG, but it still pixelated quite a bit).

Basically, I need two versions of my project in highest possible quality. One that can be burned to a playable standard DVD, and another that is under 100mb for uploading it to a website(which will probably be viewed from the website as a quicktime movie). Some of the settings I tried ended up force squeezing my project into 4:3 aspect ratio, which looked really terrible.

What export settings should I use for both the DVD export, and the web video export, which will maintain the aspect ratio and not force squeeze the project into a full screen movie, while maintaining high quality.

Any suggestions/feedback/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Paul Vilchur is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions