FCP not liking batch HDV capture at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions

High Definition Video Editing Solutions
For all HD formats including HDV, HDCAM, DVCPRO HD and others.

Old July 26th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #1
Contributor

FCP not liking batch HDV capture

I've been trying to capture some 1080i HDV on a friend's G5, FCP5.1.4, from his Canon XH A1. When batch capturing, every time, it crashes.

I'm loading via Capture Now and that works fine. Apparently FCP here is not liking Batch Capture. The same thing happened on my office G5 one time, but since then has been capturing OK; however in most cases I set an in and out point near the head and tail of the tape and capture that way, not using batch capture, but using the Clip capture. That crashed this computer too, so I went to Capture Now. Not a big deal, since he wants everything on all the tapes anyway, but still an issue. Has anybody else had any problems with HDV batch capture?
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > High Definition Video Editing Solutions