Security; vehicle and studio alarms at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old December 2nd, 2007, 02:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Security; vehicle and studio alarms

Greetings! After reading through Timothy Allen's thread about vehicles, and seeing some comments about alarms and window tinting, it got me thinking.... There are some really useful tips out there waiting to be written.

For my 93 Trooper, I purchased a Compustar system. These seem to be based on what features you want possible in the main unit, and then remote variety for range. I got the 2w900frm remote. I call it the "come get your butt kicked while your stuff is stolen" remote. Shows me on the remote what is happening to the rig, door open, window break ect.. many other features, the copustar system can range up to 1 mile. I believe there is a 1.5 mile and 3 mile system from someone else.

As for studio security, we've got bars over all windows and the glass main door. A simple twirl in the bars makes it look far classier than straight ones. It holds a strange classiness. And of course, alarm system tied to a private company which alerts the police. DOWNSIDE: when a picture fell off the wall, and the motion sensors went off, there was a 100+$ fee. oops!
Damon Mentzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Major Player

I hire a 24 hour armed guard to protect my HV20.

Anything less is inadequate.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2007, 10:47 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Apparently the vast majority of alarm system alarms are false alarms and the police don't respond to them right away (if at all). May be different in your area.

2- Something else to watch for is people robbing you under your noses via social engineering (e.g. masquerading as someone who would be in your building and just taking stuff).
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home