What chair do you use to sit on for editing? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old August 26th, 2008, 01:27 AM   #16
Inner Circle

When a company my wife was working for went out of business, she bought a chair for me for $20.

Nothing fancy but it's very comfortable with a high back. Padding is firm. It has a tilt-back feature than can be locked if necessary. I removed the armrests as they tend to get in the way.

It's a Steelcase Turnstone, model TS 38003.

Also known as the "Springboard Task Chair".

http://www.office-environments.com/s...Id=SPRINGBOARD

Listed at $305.

Last edited by Dean Sensui; August 26th, 2008 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Additional info.
Dean Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 05:39 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Herman Miller

I started using Herman Miller Equa 2 Chairs before the Aeron came out. They are firm and provide great back support. Boy, every time I sit in a cheap chair I really appreciate my Herman Millers!

While I admire the design of the Aeron I still use Equas. I was fortunate enough to pick up one inexpensively at Herman Miller's factory outlet store (I used to live near their factory in Michigan). My second one came, fortuitously, from a local hospital "garage sale" where they were selling off excess items. Imagine my joy at seeing rows of Herman Miller chairs for $7 each!
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:49 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Review on top end chairs

I looked at a few of the top-end chairs a while back. My findings here: www.8networks.co.uk/articles/0005/01.html.

Be careful with the Aeron if you are tall; the hard plastic frame on the seat required to keep the mesh in place can cause discomfort and numbness. The Aeron is available in 3 frame sizes which may help, but for me it didn't.

I haven't finished part 2 of this article yet, but I ended up buying a mixture of Steelcase Think and Steelcase Please chairs as I couldn't decide which was better for me. Having used both of these for over a year now prefer the Steelcase Please chair, the articulated back is excellent for stretching and having got used to a high back, find it provides better support for long sessions.

Mainly I use my chair for computer programming, but also a fair number of hours video editing. I do not see any difference in the way I use the chair or need different support between the two tasks. It is definitely important to be able to lock the back, but I have never seen the need to lock the castors.
Thane Brooker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home