New Camera Bag at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old May 28th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #1
Major Player

New Camera Bag

Hi,

I am looking into a new camera bag. I would like to get a backpack style bag. So it is easier to carry around. This is my equipment list I would like the bag to hold....

Sony FX7 video camera
Rode NTG2 mike and shock mount
Canon D10 with 28-80 lens
Extra 100-300mm lens
Batteries, a few small cables, a few blank tapes, etc.

Does such a camera bag exist? I am also going to be taking my camera over to England in a few weeks. I have traveled with the D10 still camera and older VHS-C camera with no problems. So any other sugestions are welcome.

Thanks,

John Gerard
John Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #2
Inner Circle

That's a heavy load. I traveled to the far east in a similar way. See photo in this thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/canon-xh-...bags-a1-2.html

I used a Kata 101 Backpack which has a handy slot for a 15" laptop for days you want to take that along. I think you may need a larger bag to handle your SLR.

What I love about the Kata bags is the body attachment design. They do a great job of getting the weight distributed to your waist. It also has a tough exterior with very well thought out exterior pockets and trap door access into the backpack. Lastly, the internal partioning system is flexible and lets you customize/reconfigure quickly for various equipment lists.

Another thing I liked as far as travel goes is that it opens quickly for airport inspections and works as a carry-on bag.
Les Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #3
Major Player

New Camera Bag

Les,

Thank you so much for the advice I will look into it. Your comment on the "..thats a leavy load.." do you mean that you would or would not get one bag to carry all my gear?

I know that I have been using a small over the shoulder luggage bag that holds my Panasionic Palm VHS-C camera, Still camera, Lenses, etc. and that is pretty heavy to carry long distances. I thought a backpack bag might make things a little lighter. Right now for my FX7 I have an old Canon bag that was for a still camera but just fits the length of the FX7 with room for the mic and batteries etc. This is not very heavy but it will not accommodate my SLR.

John Gerard
John Gerard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home