Gear Suggestions for Long Distance travel. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old June 4th, 2015, 09:27 PM   #1
New Boot

Gear Suggestions for Long Distance travel.

So I currently have enough equipment to stock a studio. However, I am leaving the country to teach English in Japan August of next year. I want to sell a lot of my equipment and shrink my lighting kit and camera rig to where all of it could fit in a large camera book bag. I'm shooting with a micro 4/3rds Panasonic GH2 with 4 lenses and I'm planning on selling everything minus the camera, micro boom mic and lenses and buying smaller items. I want to be able to carry the camera body, 4 lenses, foldable micro shoulder rig (maybe a small follow focus), micro boom mic, 3 mini led lights with diffusion attachments, 3 micro light stands, an attachable viewfinder, mini tripod, sd cards, and batteries/battery chargers.

Stuff that I need suggestions on:
-Camera bookbag- Must be large enough to fit everything and small enough to either check at the airport or carry on the plane.
-Mini shoulder rig- similar to a rail system
-Mini follow focus- I've seen them before.
- 3 mini leds w/ diffusion attachments
-Mini light stands
-Attachable viewfinder
-mini tripod

I'm accepting any and all suggestions. I know I might be delusional thinking I can fit all of this into a portable camera bookbag, but I figured it was worth a shot asking here first. I would also like to look at affordable options for all of these before we get into the high dollar items. Thanks for the suggestions and/or reality checks!
Preston Mitchum is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home