Advice on edit room acoustic options at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old September 26th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Advice on edit room acoustic options

For the past couple of years, I have been doing some video projects just for fun, nothing important and nothing for clients. Now I am starting to get a little more serious and will probably be doing some video projects that will be distributed as well as editing audio for a radio broadcast. I want to make sure that my room is properly treated.

The room I am in is 12'x11' with 8' ceiling. It is not the best room for editing, but is all that is available, and I'll have to work with it. There is a door to outside as well as a window, but it is towards the back of the building, and outside noise is not really a problem (especially because most of my editing is done at night anyway.) There is a work bench, shelf & phone system all covering wall space, though there is bare wall above all of those items. Also, the wall behind the edit desk is completely bare right now.

I have attached a PDF showing a layout of the room. If anyone has advice on what the best acoustic treatment options for this room would be, I would appreciate it. Also, I am using M-Audio BX5a monitors with MoPads.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf room.pdf (25.4 KB, 334 views)
Aaron Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi

I would like to direct you to the following website where I think you would be greatly assisted with your audio edit room:

http://www.johnlsayers.com/

There are pictures there for examples and the forum helps a great deal too!
Zulkifli Yusof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #3
Inner Circle

For what it's worth

I recently had Owens Corning come by with the possibility of installing their wall system in my third floor. Seen here http://www.owenscorning.com/around/bfs/BFSFlash.asp

I know that the system itself is full of insulation, and you may already have walls etc, but a couple of panels of this stuff might help. It's expensive though. I figured it might.
Old September 29th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #4
Major Player

check out Ethan Winer's Articles
Bill Mecca is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home