HD Studio Set up? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Home, Away From Home
Studio Space (Home) and Traveling Tips (Away From Home).

Old February 23rd, 2007, 03:07 PM   #1
New Boot

HD Studio Set up?

so im helping a friend put togeather a hi def control room for a church that plans on doin a natinal broadcast. they are getting 3 hd cam's (somthing like the xh seriers from canon) i was wondering what i would need to put the video side togeather...like i know i need a video switcher....a dvcam deck...items and products would be helpfull...and opinions 2. thanks
Michael Behr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 09:18 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Behr
so im helping a friend put togeather a hi def control room for a church that plans on doin a natinal broadcast. they are getting 3 hd cam's (somthing like the xh seriers from canon) i was wondering what i would need to put the video side togeather...like i know i need a video switcher....a dvcam deck...items and products would be helpfull...and opinions 2. thanks
So you want an HD switcher I assume then? Up until you mentioned HD, the newtek Tricaster sounded like a good solution but it doesn't do HD. Newtek products are used in a lot of churches right now but they are all SD. They really are "a TV studio in a box" and even let you record to disk the result of a live switching session.

Unfortunatley though, there really aren't many affordable options right now for HD switching.

FOR-A has one for around $15000.

http://www.studiodaily.com/main/tech...gear/7285.html

Grass Valley "Kayak" HD capable models start out at around $64,000.

The Edirol V440HD list price is $12995. They are a known quantity and are well thought-of.

http://www.edirol.com/index.php?opti...=33&Itemid=385

But there is so much more to think about. Monitors, recording / playback, cabling between cameras and control room, etc.

I do hope someone like Newtek comes out with a reasonable alternative because it is sorely needed now.
Richard Andrewski - Cool Lights USA - RED #114
http://www.coollights.biz
Richard Andrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #3
New Boot

they say they have the cash....but i dont know what there workin with. so i told them id do a little research and come up with a few items....so basicly a 4-6 input hd switcher is what they would need. ya at work we have a tri caster...great little thing for remotes.
Michael Behr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Most Recent Additions... > Home, Away From Home