DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Jibs / Cranes / Booms (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jibs-cranes-booms/)
-   -   Servo City Remote Head (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jibs-cranes-booms/110021-servo-city-remote-head.html)

Jon Omiatek January 12th, 2008 08:04 PM

Andrew,

UPS notifed me that Servocity's pan/tilt head will be arriving on Tuesday. I will post some video of the setup when it arrives. I feel like a 5 year old on Xmas morning, Grin!

Andrew Fraser January 13th, 2008 05:36 AM

should be interesting to see if it lives up to expectations...

Jacques Mersereau January 13th, 2008 10:41 AM

I am also interested in whether if it has variable speed and if so, how fast and how slow can it pan and tilt?

How much motion/cam information is recorded and repeatable?

Jon Omiatek January 13th, 2008 12:09 PM

I purchased the servo recorder and I will have to see when I get. I will post a full report when I get it.

Bill Hamell January 13th, 2008 06:06 PM

Jon,

When you do please include how load it is.
I am curious as to know how much noise it makes.

Thank you,
Bill

Jon Omiatek January 15th, 2008 07:09 PM

I received my Servocity 985 pan/tilt head in the mail today. It was packaged very well and they even give you a small bag of candy, which my daughter liked alot....

As far as the sound issue goes, it's sounds like a servo and it get's louder that faster you move it and it's almost silent at a slow pace. Which is what I expected.

Both servos were out of adustment and start past the neutral point, which I hope is adjustable. I will call them tommorow to see about fixing that.
NO INSTRUCTIONS in the box.

I really need for the neutral issue to be fixed prior to testing. If it's an easy fix I will have video of the setup posted tomorrow.

Definately worth its price provided it can be adjusted.

Andrew Fraser January 15th, 2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Omiatek (Post 808988)
and they even give you a small bag of candy, which my daughter liked alot....

When I ordered some parts from them I also got a small bag, found it surprising - particularly because you can't buy half of those brands in Australia.

BTW - If at the time of purchase you request ServoCity to modify the servos, you can get continuous rotation on all axis. Turns the limited servo travel into a continuous run motor.

Jon Omiatek January 17th, 2008 07:36 AM

I spoke with Brian at Servocity yesterday and he was able to fix my neutral issue. I plan on setting it up on Friday night when my new 2.4ghz 6 channel rc controller arrives.

I purchased the wireless lanc, thanks andrew! and plan to operate the servocity head remotely with pan/tilt, zoom & focus controls on the same controller.

I also purchased a range video wireless video system so I can see what's going on remotely.

I plan on shooting video of the setup in action.

Jon

Eric Stemen January 17th, 2008 02:37 PM

cool, can't wait to see the video.

Mark Utley February 2nd, 2008 07:18 PM

Any updates?

Cam Crawford February 8th, 2008 06:38 AM

I agree the waiting is killing me. I think i check this thread 3 times a day looking for an update.

Mark Utley February 28th, 2008 01:54 AM

I take it people are too busy enjoying these pan/tilt heads to let us know what they think of them, haha...

Cam Crawford February 28th, 2008 05:38 AM

Hi Mark, I did hear from Jon off the board about his unit. I was to impatient to wait. He likes it and works very well and is using it wirelessly but mentioned it's quite touchy and maybe the gearing needs further refining.

He also mentioned he has been on holiday and will get a vid up as soon as he has time.

Jon Omiatek March 17th, 2008 11:32 AM

I will post pictures and video sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks

Jon Omiatek March 17th, 2008 09:19 PM

I accidently fried my RC Receiver which is needed to control the unit. I hope I can find one locally tomorrow. If not it will be at least 2 or 3 days for mail order.

Anyways, here are some pictures. The head doesn't come with a tripod plate, I had to make my own. Very easy to make just need a piece of metal between the head and my tripod plate.

Here are some pictures of the head with a camera mounted on it.

http://www.omiatek.com/dvinfo