HD10U On a crane Problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:38 PM   #1
New Boot

HD10U On a crane Problems

We are a little disappointed with the HD10U's ability so maybe you have some suggestions. We have a couple of television projects and we have been playing with the HD10U to see if it will work with our situation. We had it on a crane the other day and were doing slow moves with the shutter speed set at 1/60 and the background looks like it is crawling.....grass and trees and such. granted the shots were hot but we were just experimenting. Took it to the shop and brought it in with Lumiere and then sent it out to a progressive scan DVD. Clear enough but the movements in the grass and trees unacceptable. Is anybody getting quality usable HD out there from this camera?
Morgan
Morgan Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:51 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have used my HD10 on the camcrane 200 with great results. You get the typical 30p motion blur from movement but it's better than it would be if you were shooting 24p. Unfortunately the footage I have that was shot on the crane was test footage with a new filter combo and was discolored due to operator error so I don't think it would be great to post the footage. I do plan to go out and shoot more footage on the crane soon though and will hopefully post the results.
Mark Jervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2004, 01:45 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

Hey all,

I moved this here to get some additional help from the camera support people. There's still a link from the HD10/HD1 page!

heath
Old July 22nd, 2004, 04:41 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I might be way off here, but are you sure you had the OIS switched off? It will introduce some crawling esp. with slow moves.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms