Looking for simple jib recommendations. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 27th, 2005, 02:02 AM   #1
Trustee

Looking for simple jib recommendations.

Hi guys. Done a search, not much turned up other than the Skycrane.

I'm looking at a jib that can mount to a standard tripod (I have a manfrotto) and can privide me with pan and tilt. It doesn't need to be huge. 3-4 meters would be a good size.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

The alternative is to look at building one - does anyone know how good the Killer Camera Rigs book is?

Cheers
Aaron
Old April 27th, 2005, 03:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Aaron, not sure whether or not they've got dealers in NZ (I think they're a UK company) but the Hague Multi-Jib's not bad at £699 inc. VAT.

100mm bowl, optional 75mm step-ring (which should fit your Manfrotto, at a guess) and modular design allowing 2', 6' or 10' from pivot jib action - maximum extension from ground is somewhere around 14' (just over 3m), when mounted on a tripod.

Link:
http://www.b-hague.co.uk/Multi_Jib.htm

I'd avoid anything you can't mount a fluid head on (such as drive-from-rear cheap mini-jibs, but I doubt they'll be long enough for you anyway).
Dominic Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2005, 08:47 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Aaron,

I'm probably pretty biased since I wrote "Killer Camera Rigs". Two of the cranes in the book can tilt, but not pan. In Volume 2 (due out at the end of the year) will have a motorized pan/tilt mount. The comments on the Praise page of DVcameraRigs.com are legit from people that ordered the book. You can take a look here: http://dvcamerarigs.com/praise.html

Dan
Dan Selakovich is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms