Pro Am Crane at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 14th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Pro Am Crane

Anyone have any experience with the Pro Am line of cranes/ jibs? Particularly the 12 footer? Is it stable? Fluid?

Thanks

Dave
Old July 2nd, 2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Tourist

Re: Pro Am Crane

Hey Dave,

I own the 14ft ProAim Jib. For the price, I really like it. I have gotten a lot of really cool shots. There are a few limitations with it, such as it can not look straight down when the jib is all the way up because of the way the tilt mechanism works.

Please take a look at this link to my website, all the jib shots under Music Video, Live Event Production and Narrative are shot with the ProAim jib.

Perfect Cut Productions

All and all, I really like it. I would recommend purchasing a quick release plate from manfrotto...
Manfrotto 357 Pro Quick Release Adapter with 357PL Plate 357 B&H

Let me know if you take the plunge and purchase it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms