Don't purchase the Pan Tilt head from dvcity at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 2nd, 2011, 01:41 PM   #1
New Boot

Don't purchase the Pan Tilt head from dvcity

Bought a Pan Tilt Head in 2010 from dvcity who I thought I bought something good and cheap.

The operated control worked as I expected but after a few months began steering fuss and the pantilt head began to go their own way no matter what I did with the joystick. I tried in every way but it was broken.
I announced dvcity.com of the problem.
They then offered to send a new if I paid shipping. I was convinced that my own control electronics were defective.
But when I got the new box it didwork for 10 minutes then the pantil head went around and I could not control it.
It was simply cross-slope in the steering box and was hard to find without circuit diagram.

I try to change the printed circuit card to my old steeringbox and it worked only for 10 minutes.
I have spent lots of time by troubleshooting and found that it is wrong with the electronics.
It has to be reconstruktive no doubt about that

I had been forced to close several video job because I could not use the pantilt head, and I had to stop and ask a colleague if he could take over the job, with his professional digital pantilt head.

I announced dvcity problem but refuses to admit that it is wrong with their control electronics.
And they still coninnue to selling this faulty PanTilt head.

Therefore, I would warn others from buying this worthless cheap PanTilt head from dvcity.

I have bought a real digital PanTil head who has been worked flawlessly on all the video job and whom I can trust.

I also had problems with several stuff I bought from dvcity which poor fit, so I have been forced to go to a machine shop to get it to fit.
Tommy Simonsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Don't purchase the Pan Tilt head from dvcity

Which digital pan/tilt head did you end up getting that worked?
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms