Need Something Like the "One Minute Crane" from Croatia at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old December 6th, 2011, 01:00 PM   #1
Major Player

Need Something Like the "One Minute Crane" from Croatia

Hi,

I've been drooling over the One Minute Crane from Croatia mainly because of how quick and easy it is to setup, but especially the 360 degree rotating control head on it. It even has a 20 minute timer that rotates the head for cool time lapse stuff

My question is this... is there anything else like it out there?

The One Minute Crane runs around $4K for the crane, tripod, head, wheels (i like that) and small bag.

It's a bit expensive but I'm willing to buy it if it's the only one out there, but I want to check in to see what might be some other options.

I will be using this mainly for weddings, engagement shoots and some production attaching my Canon 5D or 60D to.

I'm looking for something on the lighter side but very sturdy and doesn't wobble or sway like some of the cheaper ones do. Easy setup. Brake or lock to hold the arm down and the ability to hook up a control head and monitor.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kelly Langerak; December 6th, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
Kelly Langerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:25 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Need Something Like the "One Minute Crane" from Croatia

I just took a look at the video, and it's a bit misleading. It takes a minute to set up the tripod and arm, but what about the rest of it? Setting up the pan and tilt motors, wiring, monitor, and controls takes way more time.

Secondly, it looks like you can control pan and tilt via 4 buttons. This means that trying to execute a variable speed diagonal move is impossible, meaning that combination moves can only be done with whatever speed the pans and tilts perform at. If the entire rig is $4K, I say that's way too much for something that can't do variable speed combination moves.
Warren Kawamoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2011, 10:13 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: Need Something Like the "One Minute Crane" from Croatia

It looks like the tilt can't be controlled without a motorized head. Recently another new model called the DSLR-devices crane looks interesting for a quick setup. However I have not found a crane that is quick for setup with a motorized head. I guess it's a trade off which can't be overcome at the moment

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms