Tripod for use with Cobra Crane II? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old September 11th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Tripod for use with Cobra Crane II?

I am in the market for a tripod/head combo. I have a Cobra Crane II, so the tripod needs to handle that as well as be used for normal video shooting with, say, the new Panasonic HD that isn't out yet (may as well think ahead). I am expecting to spend $500 to $1500 for legs/head/mid-spreader/case. I would appreciate recommendations of complete kits that include those components and links to them on BHP if you can.

Thanks much,

-Mike
Mike Shkolnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey there. Sorry no links, but the Manfrotto 132X (or in its Bogen version: 3061) is a good place to start looking.
I believe those models might already be superceded though.

Cheers,
Marius
--------
Marius Luessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #3
Wrangler

Mike, try a search for this topic. There have been thorough discussions of the various tripods used with this setup in the past.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 06:23 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I DID search for this topic. There are some posts regarding the regular Cobra Crane I, which is quite different from the CobraCrane II. The II is twice as heavy and unlike the I is more center balanced. People were suggesting things as light duty as a 501 head for the Cobra Crane I. I don't think that will be adequate for the II, though I'm not certain. Thus I posted a specific topic in hopes of specific answers...
Mike Shkolnik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms