Pictures of Varizoom MC100 on a Hague Multijib w/Vinten Pro10 legs at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms

Old December 6th, 2006, 11:27 AM   #1
Major Player

Pictures of Varizoom MC100 on a Hague Multijib w/Vinten Pro10 legs

Hello Folks,
Here's a few shots of my new jib rig:
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/4563494

It's been impossible to find proper detail shots of any of this kit anywhere on the internet, so I thought you like to see some here.

As the thread title suggests it's various bits of kit thrown...no carefully cobbled together. It will run on a large 12v battery which straps onto the dolly base, but it's shown running on mains.

I'll upload some footage I've shot whilst testing the smoothness on the pan and tilt head doing full 360s. Also some dodgy attempts at trying complex moves (I'm still trying). The pictures are hopefully self-explanatory.

I've just got a Dedolight kit, and have a 3x redhead kit coming from thomann.de soon too.

P.S. I've very happy with it so far.
Duncan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The tracking dolly, is it the one from HAGUE also?
How is it, and how do you like the jib ?
Old December 18th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #3
Major Player

The dolly is the tripod dolly from Hague, It's OK. Not great, the problem with it is the track which can get very bumby over the joints.

The track they supply is basically 8 pieces of plastic pipe with 6 smaller slip-in expanding plastic tubes to hold the main pipes together. The best way round the bumps is to spin the joints against each other until you 'find' the smoothest position.

Also stagger the joints so the dolly doesn't have both sides going over a joint at the same time.

I've had a few shoots with the new jib setup running on an 85AH 12v battery and it's been great. Quite a handful though!
Duncan Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2007, 05:23 AM   #4
Major Player

Clips and production still available

This rig has been getting a bit of use now, so I've chopped together a few clips here: http://www.ytvweddingvideos.co.uk/JIB_SHOTS/

UK viewers may recognise the studio location...
There's also a commercial shoot filmed at Mother Shiptons cave in Yorkshire. A combination of rain, the well dripping on the camera, and having no room for the tripod made for an 'interesting' shoot.

Also a few pictures of the outdoor shoot here: http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/5389040
Duncan Craig is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Support Your Local Camera > Jibs / Cranes / Booms