Set up files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old December 13th, 2016, 04:58 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Set up files

I was assuming that storing set-up files was a quick way to store different preset combos of record format/WB/ shutter speed, etc etc for a quick way of changing settings in the field, similar to my older Panasonic camcorder's Scene Files. I was also assuming that a card format in-cam would somehow leave the set-up files untouched but no way, they vanish with a card format, so what's the point of going to the trouble of configuring scene files if all your effort is going to disappear? I suppose you could store them on a spare SD card in the camera bag but it's hardly very practical when you're in a rush.
Philip Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 10:11 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Set up files

I had the same thoughts with my Panasonic AG-DVX200. I also have a set of different scene files - partly modified to my own preferences, which are stored at the XDHC-card. My proposal is: Have a look at your XDHC-cards' file structure, and identify the location of your individual scene files. Then make a copy of your current XDHC-card and delete all media files, and keep only the original file structure together with your scene/picture files. I call this a "Scene File Master".

Having done this, I format each XDHC-card in my camcorder, in order to get a fresh card. Then I put the formatted card into a card reader connetced to my workstation, and copy the above described "Scene File Master" to the freshly formatted SDXC card. The result is a freshly formatted XDHC-card with added scene/picture files. With this card inserted into my camcorder, I have all existing scene files available.

Joachim
Joachim Claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2016, 02:44 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Set up files

Good idea Joachim, and thanks for the reply. I just wonder why the settings could not be stored on internal flash memory independent of the SD cards - likely to take only a few Kilobytes of memory at a minimal cost.
Philip Lewis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders