DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/)
-   -   LS300 Features request (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/jvc-4kcam-pro-handheld-camcorders/533438-ls300-features-request.html)

Duncan Craig January 17th, 2017 03:30 PM

LS300 Features request

It seems like the LS300 is getting noticed again after a bit of a lull... I could be wrong.

Maybe JVC would appreciate some questions and feature requests from their loyal, often evangelistic customers? Please keep it simple, and maybe we can get their attention. I'll start the ball rolling...

- Instant slo-mo mode using the pre-record cache memory, where you don't need to restart the camera.

- Some way to quickly reboot into a high frame rate without dragging through the menus and confirming a restart. (Perhaps a combination button press to quickly reboot between two preset setups?)

- Additional LUTs (like the GH5)

- Will Panasonic’s upcoming firmware for the old f2.8 12-35/35-100 lenses improve the ‘sticky’ image stabilisation when they are used on the LS300?

- Do a proper rundown of the available MFT lenses specifically showing their compatibility with the LS300 (in terms of sensor coverage autofocus and OIS)

- Better metadata and clip naming/numbering via the Remote Control App - something akin to Atomos/BM.

- An option in the App for simple a video preview (so my clients can’t mess with the settings)

- Please create some practical example videos of setting up streaming online. I got Facebook live and YouTube Live working, but only after a lot of messing about.

- I'd like a range of slower shutter speeds for timelapses and low light capture, perhaps it could do frame accumulation using the cache memory?

- It might be useful to take stills using the LS300? How about during recording?... While you are recording that cache memory isn't being used is it? just a thought!

John Nantz January 17th, 2017 05:05 PM

Re: LS300 Features request

What about a factory option, or even retrofit with, an Atomos Flame LCD screen? And while they’re at it, come up with a really nifty sun shade of some kind.

A wire in the LCD cable of my wife’s cam broke and I researched replacing it and it didn’t seem to be that bad. If all one had to do is change out the LCD screen it would have been a relatively easy job.

A lot more companies are networking with each other. Take Røde and Rycote for example.

Jim Nogueira January 17th, 2017 05:59 PM

Re: LS300 Features request

I still have clients who need 1280x720 30/25/24p (not just 60/50p), and would love to have that option. As it is, I need to have another camera just for those clients when I could be using the LS300.

Also, I have mentioned on this forum in the past that a "Last Clip Delete" function like Sony uses would make my life so much easier.