LS300 Features request at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders
GY-LS300, GY-HM250, HM200, HM180 and HM170 recording 4K Ultra-High Definition video.

Old January 17th, 2017, 03:30 PM   #1
Major Player

LS300 Features request

It seems like the LS300 is getting noticed again after a bit of a lull... I could be wrong.

Maybe JVC would appreciate some questions and feature requests from their loyal, often evangelistic customers? Please keep it simple, and maybe we can get their attention. I'll start the ball rolling...

- Instant slo-mo mode using the pre-record cache memory, where you don't need to restart the camera.

- Some way to quickly reboot into a high frame rate without dragging through the menus and confirming a restart. (Perhaps a combination button press to quickly reboot between two preset setups?)

- Additional LUTs (like the GH5)

- Will Panasonic’s upcoming firmware for the old f2.8 12-35/35-100 lenses improve the ‘sticky’ image stabilisation when they are used on the LS300?

- Do a proper rundown of the available MFT lenses specifically showing their compatibility with the LS300 (in terms of sensor coverage autofocus and OIS)

- Better metadata and clip naming/numbering via the Remote Control App - something akin to Atomos/BM.

- An option in the App for simple a video preview (so my clients can’t mess with the settings)

- Please create some practical example videos of setting up streaming online. I got Facebook live and YouTube Live working, but only after a lot of messing about.

- I'd like a range of slower shutter speeds for timelapses and low light capture, perhaps it could do frame accumulation using the cache memory?

- It might be useful to take stills using the LS300? How about during recording?... While you are recording that cache memory isn't being used is it? just a thought!
Old January 17th, 2017, 05:05 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: LS300 Features request

What about a factory option, or even retrofit with, an Atomos Flame LCD screen? And while they’re at it, come up with a really nifty sun shade of some kind.

A wire in the LCD cable of my wife’s cam broke and I researched replacing it and it didn’t seem to be that bad. If all one had to do is change out the LCD screen it would have been a relatively easy job.

A lot more companies are networking with each other. Take Røde and Rycote for example.

Last edited by John Nantz; January 17th, 2017 at 05:07 PM. Reason: added LCD before cable
John Nantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2017, 05:59 PM   #3
Major Player

Re: LS300 Features request

I still have clients who need 1280x720 30/25/24p (not just 60/50p), and would love to have that option. As it is, I need to have another camera just for those clients when I could be using the LS300.

Also, I have mentioned on this forum in the past that a "Last Clip Delete" function like Sony uses would make my life so much easier.
Jim Nogueira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > JVC ProHD & MPEG2 Camera Systems > JVC 4KCAM Pro Handheld Camcorders